Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Lazy Days of Summer

    It's going to be another scorching HOT day here in Indiana and we still have no rain! We haven't had rain at my house in weeks.  The grass is dry and crunchy and we've had to water our Garden and Pumpkin patch often to just keep it alive. To think, some places have had a lot of rain for days, but we haven't been so lucky. There is only a 20% chance on Thursday and then the next week looks dry to.
     On a more positive note, my card today has some green grass.  This image is from Just Inklined. and is called "Serenity". I have never been so in love with scenery and plants before now. I'm really enjoying coloring different things, instead of just people right now. I think that it's because they are so summery and fruity. LOL For this card i used KandCompany DP, Trim that i had from a yardsale, a new sentiment from Whimsy Stamps and the image is colored with copic markers. (of course) E21,23,25,49-Wood, E00,01,02-Skin, R22,24,27-Chairpad, G21,24,28-Grass, R32,35,37-Roses and misc... other markers.


Challenges

Love To Create #20 Summertime Fun (1)
MIM #94 anything goes
Paper Playtime #77 Anything goes with a sentiment
Sentimental Sundays #107 Summer Fun
Stampin Sisters in Christ #144 Create Something that represents you
ATC & Cards with Attitude Anything goes (2)
Fat Pages & Cards with Attitude Anything goes
Polka Doodles #24 Summer Scene
Raise The Bar  Summer
Paper-Crafting Journey Color it up

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today. I'll see you tomorrow and please leave a comment. They make my day!

21 comments:

  1. The only thing missing in this is me and a book. Wonderful summer scene Deonna. The lace is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card, such a lovely image and the lace is so beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sensational! I love the scenery you've created here. It looks like a happy place to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Deonna! Love the trim and the great image! Fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the image and the lazy summer day feel to this card.The lace is stunning..Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say we've had your trouble with the rain, we seem to have had more than our fair share, if I could send it to you, I would!
    Your card is really sweet, I can almost tate that lemonade!
    Thanks for joining us over on ATCs & Fat Pages With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely summer image on this very pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at love to create this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deonna, This is beautiful. I love the grass. I always have a hard time with that. The images is just so refreshing. Great job. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet image and adorable card for showcasing it. Definitely makes me want to sit and sip and relax! Thanks for joining us for our challenge this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We love having you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow , fabulous card beautiful scene and perfect colouring .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are in desperate need of rain as well, so I hear ya on the dryness! I love this image and you've done a beautiful job coloring it up

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is Lovely Deonna.

    Saw your link on MIM. I'm #76 and #215 this week. I'd love it if you stopped by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!! Makes me wish I could sit down in that seat and soak up the sun while I drink that lemonade!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great image with fabulous coloring. I also love that trim you used. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card. The image is amazing
    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card, love the image and such fabby colors. Thank you for joining us at Fat Pages and ATC's With Attitude (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a Beautiful Card! The details are fabulous! I just love this image & your coloring is Fantastic!! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!! Come back and play with us again really soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just Wonderful! Thank you for sharing over at Love to Create Challenges.
    ~ Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation, love this. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card, Deonna! Thanks for joining us at PPT!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete